The scheme implementation will be overseen by a Core Committee of Implementing Partners which comprise of following premier institutes:
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras)
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad)
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI Jamshedpur)
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
Each year one of these institutes will be nominated as the Lead Institute for implementing the awards while others will support the program as implementing partners. For the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2016-17, IIT-Delhi has been nominated as the lead institute and which shall execute the program through FITT – the industry interface organization that enables innovations, technology commercialization and start-ups at / from IIT Delhi.
The process of scheme implementation will involve the following steps :
- Inviting applications – The process of inviting applications will begin on 10th December and the last date of receiving completed applications will be 28th December. Applications/ nominations will be:
Applications will be prefrablly made online in case of offline mode, the applicant will have to download the application form, and follow the instructions given therein.
- Invited through advertisements in print and digital media.
- Locally mobilized through a network of state/ district level agencies.
Applications will be received through self-application , except Mentor category where applications will only be received through nomination by an institute/organization, and the nominator should provide the acceptation letter from the nominee.
At the time of filling the application form, the applicant should provide industry specific mandatory certification along with necessary documents (mentioned in the application form/ guidelines). Shortlisted candidates may be asked for any other additional supporting documents.
- Initial screening and verification- Implementing partner(s) will ascertain the validity and reliability of information including verification of the credentials of the applicant/ nominee. Subsequently, after the initial screening and verification, a common pool of shortlisted candidates will be created online.
- Second level of Screening- Shortlisted applications, qualifying a predefined threshold, will be evaluated by the Lead Institute on the basis of the predefined evaluation criteria. The Lead Institute would constitute an Expert Selection Committee comprising experts from Industry, Academia, Investment/banking, NGOs etc.This Jury will evaluate the shortlisted and normalized entries received from the Implementing Partners and recommend top 3 entries per category on the on the basis of the evaluation criteria .
- Selection of the Winner –The winners will be selected by a National Jury of eminent persons drawn from academia/research, industry, social sector, banking etc. To ensure excellence of the National Award, the Jury will have the power to not award any applicant in a given category, if applications are found unsatisfactory.